Create your home wish List before your home search begins. I, your real estate agent, will want to know as much as possible about the features and amenities you desire. To help me better serve you, analyze what you want and what you need in a home’s features and amenities.
- Age: Do you prefer historic properties, or newer ones?
- Style: Do you have a special preference for ranches, bungalows, or another style of construction?
- Bedrooms: How many?
- Bathrooms: How many? Are they updated?
- Living and Dining Areas: A traditional, formal layout, or a more open, contemporary plan?
- Stories: How many?
- Square feet: How much space?
- Ceilings: How high?
- Kitchen: How big? Recently updated? Open to other living areas?
- Storage: Big closets, a shed, an extra-large garage?
- Parking: A garage or carport? Room for how many cars?
- Extras: Attic or basement?
- Play/exercise room
- Security system
- Sprinkler system
- In-law suite
- Hot tub
- Wooded lot
- Patio, deck, or porch
- Laundry room
Shopping for a home can be overwhelming. With so many choices in todays makret it can be tough to figure out where to begin. A home shopping wish list can help you identify what is most important to you in a new home. Using this list of features or qualities of potential properties to come up with your top "must haves", a list of "nice to haves", and a list of "not important" items. As you think it through you'll likely come up with additional items to add that weren't on the original list.
This list will help me, your REALTOR, narrow the selection of available homes for sale to those that are likely to be a great fit. Be prepared for your list to change and evolve during the process. You may find that you're willing to sacrifice that extra square footage for that great view even if you didn't think that was a top priority when you began the house hunt.
Contact me if you have any questions.
Find Your Dream Home on The Jersey Shore in Ocean County!
Licensed in New Jersey. Keller Williams Shore Properties
770 Lighthouse Dr. Barnegat, NJ Phone: 732-797-9001