Barnegat Homes Sold Market Analysis for 2015
Whether buying or selling a home in Barnegat, understanding the local housing market is invaluable. This report uses localized housing statistics for Barnegat including average sale price, number of homes sold and average days on market, along with other valuable information.
This is a comparison of sold homes in Barnegat between 2014 and 2015
Summary: Over the last year the average sale price of single family homes in Barnegat increased by 3%, the number of single family home sales increased by a whopping 30% and the average days a home sat on the market decreased by 7% before selling.
- Average sale price in 2014 was $209,848; in 2015 the average sale price was $207,037, an increase of 3%.
- Number of sold homes in Barnegat in 2014 was 142; in 2015 it was 185, an increase of 30%.
- Average days that a home was on the market before it sold in 2014 was 100; in 2015 the average was 93 days, a decrease of 7%.
Summary: Over the last year, the average sale price for an adult community home in Barnegat increased by 3%, the number of adult community homes sold in Barnegat increased by 17% and the average days on marked decreased by 16%
- Average sales price in 2014 was $204,401; in 2015 the average sales price was $211,587, an increase of 3%.
- Number of adult community homes sold in Barnegat in 2014 was 130; the number for 2015 was 147, an increase of 17%
- Average days on market in 2014 was 93; in 2015 it was 76, a decrease of 17%
Summary: Over the last year, the average sale price for condominiums in Barnegat decreased by 13% from the previous year, the number of condos sold increased by 6% and the average days on market for condos that did sell decreased by 7%
- Average sale price in 2014 was $209,848; average sale price in 2015 was 155,963, a decrease of 17% (note: this may be due to the fact that more expensive, waterfront condos sold in 2014 than in 2015).
- Number of condos sold in Barnegat in 2014 was 60; in 2015 it was 65, an increase pf 6%.
- Average days on market for a condo in Barnegat that sold in 2014 was 101; in 2015 that number decreased by 75 to 93 days.
Other Significant Barnegat Housing Market Statistics:
- Over 75 million dollars worth of real estate was sold in Barnegat in 2015, an increase of 26%
- Average days on market for all homes (both those that sold and those that did not) decreased by 40%
- It took an average of 141 days for the sale of a house in Barnegat to be completed - a reduction of 10% (this is from the day the house goes on the market to the day the new owner takes possession).
All the above statistics point to a recovering housing market in Barnegat and an increase of sales and sale prices for 2016.
Please contact me with any questions; I'll be happy to help in any way possible!
Find Your Dream Home on The Jersey Shore in Ocean County!
Licensed in New Jersey. Keller Williams Shore Properties
1400 Hooper Ave. Toms River NJ 08753 Phone: 732-797-9001